Students in Dakota County Technical College’s hospitality programs get to share inspiration from a variety of hospitality professionals. Insider tips and insights provide great learning for meeting-event, hospitality lodging, and spa-resort management students almost every Saturday as the online course students visit real companies and hear from real professionals. But wait . . . are they online courses or are they classroom courses? The answer is YES – they are both. Local students (including some who drive as far away as from Duluth MN or Madison WI or sometimes fly in from other Midwest locations, can opt to participate in Saturday morning classroom visits.
This spring we have visited venues, suppliers, and planners. Here’s our list to date . . .
- The Grand Hotel Minneapolis – visit Making Learning Real at The Grand Hotel Minneapolis
- Midway Party Rental – Thank you Theresa and Rhonda (see photo below)
- Apres Party & Tent Rental – Thank you Sheree Bochenek (see photo below)
- Care Providers of MN – Thank you Heather Proskey and Cara Tuenge (see photos below) – both Heather and Cara are alumni of the DCTC Meeting and Event Management program
- The Richard M. Schulze Family American Cancer Society Hope Lodge – We were awed by the facility and services provided to Hope Lodge guests. Students and alumni are working on ways they can engage in this amazing community of healing and hope. (see photo below)
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis – Thank you Dusty Perryman and Liz West (see photos below)